Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chili's Recipe For Tostada Chips

The mentally ill woman


Following the recommendation of two tourists in the bus to Vang Vieng Phonsavanh, the choice of hotel in Vang Vieng stopped at Garden Organic.

The location: near the river and the balcony of the room directly on the huge and majestic peaks characterize the karst region. The perfect setting. 50 000 kips for the room rate is excellent.

Everything seems perfect, except one thing ... staff do not seem very likeable. Instead, to make the visit of the room seems a chore for the owner's wife. Nah, nothing serious. And the owner himself? A close look stupid who does not smile and gives a hard time employees who work in the construction of new units. Nah, nothing too serious.

Except that there is no air between being a big beast that never smiles and knows hardly answers to your hello et devenir un fou furieux qui ferait passer pour un petit chaton tout inoffensif l'Enragé qu'est Michael Douglas dans le film du même nom... Malheureusement pour moi, le pas à franchir, ce débile à insérer dans une camisole de force l'a franchi avec ses grosses bottes sales pleines de boue. La victime de cette crise magistrale, moi... évidemment.

Après la quatrième nuit passée au Jardin Organique, il est temps de quitter les lieux pour se rendre à Vientiane, prochaine destination sur l'itinéraire.

Deux compagnons de voyage hollandais rencontrés à Phonsavanh et habitant au même hôtel me racontent qu'ils ont réussi à faire passer le prix de leur bungalow 80 000 to 65 000 kip the night ... while having promised the owners to stay three nights, pay for laundry and buy beers and other drinks ...

Not really intend to bring down the price of 15,000 kip the night, but if I'm able to bring down the price of 5,000 kip the night I'll be delighted. After all, bargaining is customary in Asia. Even in hotels and it even happened a few times to see me offer a discount for owners who never asked.

When out tickets, I asked the woman if she can lower the price of the bedroom, while insisting that they offered a discount on my compagnons hollandais. Je m'attendais à un oui ou à un non. Pas à un non suivi d'excuses débiles du genre: ils n'ont pas la télé et la climatisation (euh... moi non, plus). En Asie, le marchandage se fait généralement avec le sourire parce qu'il s'agit d'un jeu. Mais là, ce n'est pas un jeu du tout. La femme au sourire bien enfoncé entre ses deux fesses crie non, non, non à tue-tête, gesticulant et ayant l'air de plus en plus bête à chaque seconde. C'est beau, c'est non, j'ai compris. Pas besoin de me faire votre plus belle imitation de Godzilla.

Je tends les billets. Maintenant, c'est combien pour les deux yaourts et les biscuits? 22 000 kips, comme d'habitude. No. 26 000 kips. 26 000 WTF? 12 000 to 10 000 for cookies and yogurt? No, 14 000 for yoghurt? WTF? This is the third morning online I buy yogurt at 5000 kip ... 7000 kips why this morning? In addition to having the good humor of a 45 gallons of cow crap, try you make me swallow that inflation has increased by 40% the price of yogurt in the past 24 hours.

Madam, yoghurts are 5000 kips around town. No, no, no, it is 7000 kips.

Ok, crazy big. I'll just go buy my food elsewhere. I take the yogurt and leave it in the fridge. And I take the cookies and throws them on the shelf. Fatal error on my part, because this is when the Hulk comes into the fray.

Hulks starts to bawl me in Laotian and banging on the freezer next to the reception. One, two, trrrrrois .... as the fight ... The fuse blows to the freezer while the insults fly.

-Easy tiger ... it calms down. Give me my receipt for the room and I'll fouttre camp to the PC.

The chorus continues. As the woman tells me I'm the worst client on earth (his arguments are a little blurry, I could not in detail), Not So Easy Tiger takes his guest book and shouted: "How Many Nights, how Many Nights?? "

- Euh, quatre, monsieur, dis-je en commençant à élever la voix.

- No good. People stay here one month and don't ask for discount (à voir comment vous réagissez quand on vous demande un rabais, on se demande bien pourquoi les gens ne demandent pas de rabais... et en passant, monsieur, vous avez un peu d'écume sur le bord de la bouche)

C'est beau dude, pas de rabais. Mais la colère du tigre se poursuit. Après avoir lancé son cahier sur le livre, Hulk prend deux bouteilles de bière pleines et fait semblant de me les lancer par la tête. Une, deux, trrrois... Quel calisse de fêlé!

Je n'ai aucune idée si le gars va vraiment me lancer les bouteilles, but I lower my head. I'm getting the dog. I recoil. The more I declined, the more advance with two bottles in hand. It refeinte to launch new bottles. I step back again ... it goes eventually start one.

The woman does not know where to turn. At the same time she tries to calm her husband, she yells at me that I should be ashamed of throwing the cookies on the shelf because the Laotians never do that ...

Am I so stupid. Total lack of civility on my part. It's not nice to throw biscuits on a shelf, it's better to yell at a customer and try to throw bottles of beer per head ... Calisse of thick, Do you really want to reassess your ladder that stuff serious vs. not serious while your husband still has two bottles of beer in their hands?

giant green bottles deposited in the box and starts typing on the freezer, crying because I did not want to buy bus tickets, preferring to do in town with a nice lady (the lady was selling simply its tickets cheaper than Hulk and when I told him I would buy the ticket if I sold it the same price as the lady, he had panicked). Now he is pissed off because of the tickets. Dude, it's called capitalism and consumer choice. No problem that you sell your tickets more expensive than elsewhere, I'll just shop elsewhere. But that Not So Easy Tiger did not like it. He mouth, jaws, mouth.

And he advanced towards me. He pushed me with both hands. I even bitch. The guy is a bit too violent for me. My bank is zero patience. I cry in my lap: "touch me again just for me, big cellar, which I call the police. Touch me one more time just to see."

The guy raises his fists like a boxer. His wife yells to dissuade him from hitting one of his clients. I stay in front of him. The guy down the arms after a few seconds (I see his cell common sense just woke up in his brain), retreat behind the counter and continues to bawl me out in Lao.

I am beside myself. I continue to challenge the mentally ill. "Big thick Envoy, hit me, hit me just once. I would see that." The script was already in my head: a bruise on my face and that the complaint to the police and the Embassy of Canada.

I leave the scene. My "fuck you ass hole!" is felt very powerful and very deep. Hers too. But I do not care. The important thing is that the mentally ill do not bite me ... after all, I am animal vaccinated against rabies, but I do not think the vaccine is potent enough to counteract the bites of the mental patient.

PS: Ideally, you would avoid this story and you will never give your money to the two madmen Organic Garden in Vang Vieng. Friendly advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment