Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How To Make Money With Pickup And Trailer

Become a master in the art of saying no


Sorry for those who do not like statistics, I recidivism figures today. And figures on the solicitation to buy in the streets of Vietnam.

Without saying that the stress is unbearable, just say it is pervasive and constant ... and that "No thank you" said with the most beautiful smile at 8:00 AM can become a little less polished 12 hours later when you've spent the day saying no to every turn.

Again, to give you the most accurate statistics on the phenomenon, I risked my life on the streets of Hanoi. Challenge of the day, count the number of times I have been asked to buy something between 8:00 and 21:00, or for 13 hours. Let's go in descending order.

158: number of times I was asked by the driver of a motorcycle to go to walk with him.

107: number of times I was asked by the cyclo drivers to board (driver pedals behind while the customer is seated at a kind of half-carriage.

83: number of times a vendor wanted to sell me food.

52: number of times wanted sell me any unnecessary Cossin cursed that I did not need (Lonely Planet false, playing cards, lighters, fans, hats, t-shirt, giant inflated balloons for children - with the kind face of Hello Kitty ... that's my favorite ... I you really look like someone who has something to squeal with a ball Hello Kitty?)

40: number of times we wanted me into some business (restaurants, bars, souvenirs, massage, etc.).

8: Number of times I've been asked to polish what I had in my feet ... Then I wore flip-flops (just to see the guys try to wax a strip of plastic about an inch wide, I think I should have said yes).

448 times. In 13 hours, almost 35 times per hour ... about once every two minutes.

Number of times I said no: 448! A perfect score! As Rodger would say, pow! what season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment