Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Buttonsfor Guess Coats

Temples consumption


The Great Wall of China, Machu Picchu, the Pyramids of Egypt, Carrefour and complex Colossus Laval ... all structures magic born of human ingenuity that must be visited at least once in their life. List to which you must absolutely add the Temples of Angkor in Cambodia, a source of national pride for an entire people. A visit to the temples, is witnessing the spirituality creativity, extravagance and gigantism that has marked this empire.

If Angkor Wat was the only temple on the site, could be debated as to which building named above is the most spectacular. But with more than 200 temples and monuments scattered throughout the jungle in an area of 400 square kilometers, Angkor outperforms all its rivals.

Once you've seen the mysterious giant, smiling faces of Bayon, Banteay Srei carvings, jungle resume its place at Ta Prohn, you know immediately that you've just seen something surreal, incomparable , to none.

For all these reasons, the temples of Angkor became the lungs of the tourism industry in Cambodia, an industry that has the wind in its sails in the region of Siem Reap, which attracts thousands of daily visitors. And who says

tourist site says that people necessarily want to sell you business (really all kinds of stuff and business). And at Angkor, the people who want to sell you anything, they are many, many ... too many, too many.

Technically, the seller has no right to carry inside the temple site (although some seem to circumvent the rule rather easily, even before the police), but they are waiting for you farm outside the temple.

Whether visiting Angkor by bike, bus or tuktuk, beware. Once you set foot on their territory, the vultures are ready to attack.

The orchestra intones his preferred movement: "storm of cries endlessly crashing on tourists dazed." Sometimes a crescendo, in canon, in mid-major. But whatever the style, one thing remains, it smashes you eardrums (ears should stop you Siller four to five hours after your return to Siem Reap in the evening).

- Hello, sir, cold drink! You want a cold drink?
- Hello, two dollars for a guidebook.
- Hello, buy food from me.
- Hello, you need a t-shirt. I have many colors.
- Sir, you need a cold drink. Buy here.
- Sir, tablecloth, t-shirt, sarong, fridge magnet, necklass. Very good price for you.
- I have cold water, cold soft drinks. Look my menu. You hungry, I know!
- Sir, buy, buy, buy. Anything!
- Hello, me poor, poor, poor. Buy from me.

Grande, vieille, petite, enfant, jeune mère, adolescente, baryton, tenor, soprano Peu importe. Elles décochent toutes à un rythme effarant.

Quand vous encaissez une dizaine d'attaques à la minute, il est facile de perdre patience. But like the tuktuk drivers, the key is to take it with humor. After all, these people are just trying to earn a living and do not deserve to be treated as pygmies, and bazoutalènes cowards!

Humor, then. We must embark on the game, the Cambodians have a great sense of humor.

So for people who are thinking of visiting Cambodia and the temples of Angkor while enjoying the temples and people, here are some practical tips (Angkor Guide 101 ... weird, they do not sell on the site then), some responses that have either resulted in conversations unrelated to the product to sell, either completely blocked my interlocutors (because they thought kids, I must admit that their repartee is strong in your ... If your initial response is not convincing enough for them, they will replicate with an uppercut to the chin).

Q: Sir, you want to buy a guidebook?
A: Can I drink your guidebook? I do not want to read, I want to drink!
Editor's Note: Be careful not to be enough pie to answer this if you have a lady selling drinks in a radius of 30 meters (they also have very good ears).

Q: Sir, you want to Eat Something? Look my menu.
A: I do not want to eat rice or noodles. Purpose do you sell poutine? I would really like to eat a poutine right now!

Q: Sir, a sarong, a scarf, a necklass for your mother or your girlfriend?
A: My mom is dead. And I like men, I'm gay!
Ed: Response to half true in my case. And this one, we need a little play with a guy facing a bit offended.

Q: Sir, lot of stuff for you. Aerial postal cards?
A: I'm a professionnal photographer. I Took Those pictures!
Q: Guidebook?
A: I wrote all aussi The Guide about Angkor. I'm Indiana Jones. You Do not Recognize me Because I Do not Wear my hat today!
Q: T-shirt?
A: Im the boss of the t-shirt factory.
Q: Carvings?
A: I carve small replica of Angkor "during the weekend.

But as the saying goes, the best defense is attack. The best way to surprise your opponent is to attack first when he least expected, with the reply he waits the less.

- Lady, you buy from me. Cheap price for you my friend!

A home run for sure and possibly the best way to make friends at Angkor. As long as it is done with humor. Because nobody wins the game of selling frustrated because tourists frustrated.

Huge smiles, just like those found on the mysterious faces Bayon giants!

0 comments:

Post a Comment